Four principles of products Mechanic design
Industrial design mainly includes two major modules: appearance design and structural design.
The basic principles that product structure design should follow are consistent and unified: reasonable material selection, reasonable structure, simplified grinding tools, and cost control.1. Choose materials reasonably
Material not only determines the performance of the product, but also determines the price of the product, and all physical products are composed of materials. Therefore, when designing the product, we must first consider the choice of materials.
1. Identify product usage scenarios: The material requirements of products in different application locations are different.
If it is a daily consumer electronic product, the material of the product should be a material with good strength, easy surface treatment, not easy to rust, not easy to be abraded, and easy to form. For example, for plastic materials, use PC, ABS, PC + ABS, etc. The material is stainless steel, aluminum, zinc alloy, etc.
If used in the food industry, the product materials should be non-toxic and tasteless, low temperature, high temperature resistant, and even no added color materials. If the beverage bottle is PET, the food packaging bag is PPPE, etc., and the drinking cup material is PP and PC. Wait.
2. Determine the market positioning of products: products of different grades correspond to different markets.
The selection of materials for high-end products is good, the performance of mid-range products is acceptable, and the cost of low-end products is as low as possible in the selection of materials.
3. Determine the function of the product: products with different functions have different materials.
Some products have a sports function, sports must bring wear, so wear resistance must be considered in the selection of materials. There are many wear-resistant materials, such as most metal materials are generally wear-resistant, wear-resistant plastic materials such as PA (nylon Materials), POM (Sai Steel), rubber materials such as natural rubber.
4. Determine the company's requirements: For the same product, there are several materials that meet the product design requirements, and the prices are different. Which one to choose depends on the company's actual situation.2. On the premise of satisfying the product function, the simpler the structure, the better.
The simpler the structure, the easier it is to make the mold, the simpler the structure, the easier it is to produce and assemble, and the fewer problems will occur.
No extra structure is allowed in the product structure design. The extra structure means wasting design time, increasing the difficulty of mold processing, and wasting materials. When designing the product structure, the necessary structure must be done, but the optional structure is not made, so that every structure must be useful, including every buckle, every rib, etc.3. Third, simplify the mold
In product design, simplify the mold on the premise of meeting the basic needs of the product.
After the product design is completed, a mold is required to form. When designing the product, it is necessary to ensure that the product can be manufactured through the mold. The product structure design is reliable and the mold cannot be realized or it is difficult to realize the unqualified structure. As a structural engineer, you must have a certain understanding of the mold. You must understand the basic structure of the mold, the molding method of the product, and the method of mold release. Only in this way can the mold design be simplified as much as possible during product design.4. Cost control
Cost is the core part of the product. The cost level determines the company's profit margin to a great extent. Cost control starts from the beginning of product design. The following aspects should be taken into account in the cost of product structure design.
1. Under the premise of satisfying the function, try to choose materials with low price.
2. On the premise of satisfying the appearance, try to reduce the number of parts as much as possible.
3. Simplify the structure as much as possible to save mold costs.
4. Choose a suitable fixing method to save production and assembly costs.
5. Use appropriate surface treatment methods to save processing costs.
5. Use the company's existing materials as much as possible, and unify the material specifications as much as possible, such as screw models.