10 Tips to balance the relationship between user experience & product design?
A good product plan can be considered that the product brings high profit revenue while catching the aesthetic range of users to increase the high spread between users.
When an enterprise wants to make a trade-off between user habits and better planning, it is possible to consider the following points:
1. How great is the value of this plan, and the value is not worth letting the old users pay for the learning cost
2. If this plan can provide great assistance to users, for example, it can speed up their work efficiency, can avoid more new users making mistakes, etc., it is worth a try. If this plan is only meticulous, if it is better to change it, the user can accept it if it is not changed, and there are no more new users waiting there, and you have more valuable local needs to improve, then you can release To the side.
3. The most troublesome is the kind of value is not small, so I have to refer to other criteria. Plan the relationship between yourself and professional practices / standards If a planning detail is not very ambitious, but the mainstream of the entire profession is now this method, and users are now accustomed to, such as QQ send button, shortcut keys, etc., we are determined to take the risk to change it.
4. The product users experience victory and defeat not only in one place, so think about it, even if we are as poor as our peers in this place, can we be 10 times better than our opponents in another place that does not harm user habits?
5. The proportion of new and old user groups Planning changes will affect old users, but will benefit new users. At this time, the impact on the value of old users and new users needs to be measured; Your product is now a relatively stable product, the old users account for a larger proportion? Still like Zhihu, it is still a product in the testing period. Will there be many new users coming in the future? If it is the latter, then the necessity of a correct change is great.
6. Product influence in the profession Microsoft Office is the best example:
When launching Office 2007, there was a lot of scolding. Many users were accustomed to other interfaces of Office 2003 and previous versions. They could not bear the new Ribbon interface of Office 2007.
7. But in fact, the interface of 2007 is very good from the planning point of view, it is completely overturning the inherent habits of users. But because Microsoft has enough influence here, they can forcefully push forward this plan and eventually let users adapt and accept it.
8. It is worth mentioning that Microsoft is still applying for a patent here. Sooner or later, this set of interfaces and newly formed user habits will become a powerful weapon for Microsoft. At that time, other opponents would have legal problems if they wanted to imitate Microsoft's interface, but if they came up with new interfaces, they would face barriers to user habits.
end · 9. Planning is not optimal, as long as the trade-off Many times, is good planning inconsistent with user habits? The boundary between the two is inherently vague. Just weigh the specific issues to see which one has the highest gain and which has the least loss, and then make a decision.
10. Product managers are no different than programmers and planners. Programming and planning is a technology, a technology that can live and survive, and their central competitiveness. This is a job that is easy to understand.
But for product managers, if we sum up from the technical point of view, it is simply weak, look at the things we use every day, word, PPT, project, axrure, excel, MM, are basic things that cannot be basic Even with a bit of professional Axure, if you study hard, you can reach an intermediate level in a week.
If it is better than hard technology, the single item must not be able to talk about the central competitiveness, and at most put together a comprehensive essence to self-consolation. Therefore, the core nirvana of the product manager must be soft technology.
The product manager must equip himself with logic as a weapon, especially when the product situation is turbulent, PM must insist on calmly finding the thread from the chaotic line. This is a good word, but it seems that there is still no central talent, so when to dig a step further, when is the product disorder?
Generally speaking, there will be two situations: one is the time when the product has no direction, and the other is the time when the product development process is lost.
The two situations, one inside and one outside, basically cover the central value of the product manager. Whether or not these two time nodes can be managed is the talent location of the product manager.Understand the user's heart
This is a well-understood job. Demand is the life of the product manager. It is a necessary process to tap the needs of users (the user here may be your boss, please make up your own brains), or to understand the needs of users. It is the process of finding the direction of the product or correcting the direction. The user is actually a group virtual existence, which includes several levels of things:
Know who the user is: just like chasing the goddess, the process of understanding before the action is essential, take a quiet look at the QQ space, it is necessary to pay attention to what is on Weibo. So go to the local, forum, QQ group, etc. where the target users are presented Understand users: There are many ways, focus groups, user interviews, they are listed one after another Satisfy users
In fact, in this work process, there are many methodological things, and there are rules to follow. The hard part is that eventually, after you understand all this, you still can't do WeChat, 360 or Douban. Because the things in the center are often hidden on the back
Master the central needs: the needs can be found by everyone, but the needs have real needs, false needs, central needs, and marginal needs. If you do n’t understand people ’s hearts, you will be lost.
Demand on the back of the demand: I found that the user wants bread, but the user is actually hungry. If you give a bowl of Lanzhou ramen, it may be more appetizing for the user.
Mastering the bottom line of the product: People are all dissatisfied, but the product cannot be a good husband after all, and must have its own bottom line. The trade-off between choice and sacrifice is a manifestation of skill Understand the heart of the team A product is often created by multiple teams. The team is composed of a lot of lively people. Each person has their own role division and their own place of responsibility, so they have their own positions. There is a sentence in Chai Jing's "Seeing": No one in this world is sure of justice, all for his own benefit. This is not a moral accusation, but a purely objective description.
Therefore, as a product manager, in the process of product development, it is often the same thing to encounter difficulties. Engineers, testers, UEs, and operations will have completely different opinions. This matter of exchange is a reasonable concession to put it bluntly. One by one communication is not a talent, but only the basic technology of the workplace.
But multi-faceted communication and harmony is really not an easy task, you need to test to do a few things
Quiz to understand everyone in the team: the style of the secretary, the way of thinking, the endorsement of experience, the personality, etc. will affect everyone's perspective and understanding Quiz to get the truth of the job: by asking questions correctly, remove the unverified part, and then superimpose the objective part Bottom line concession In the end, some facts will certainly hurt the interests of some people. If there is a way to sometimes break the "window paper", it is still not to poke. In fact, the bottom line of mastering the heart is respect.
I personally think that students who study psychology have the genes to make products innately, just like some people think that Lejia must be a good product manager.
Inside and outside, the product manager faces the most people. Dealing with people does not mean that you believe in investment, but that there is respect for the rules. This is not something that can be cultivated overnight, and it must be the central competitiveness that others can't learn from the constant collision and defeat.